Re-Elect Councilwoman Carmen Ramirez
to Oxnard City Council – 2014
For the past four years, I have led Oxnard to make substantial changes. Oxnard is becoming a better city and I am proud of my record, helping to make that happen.
- I helped lead the effort to bring our trash and recycling services back under city control, saving taxpayers $2.5 million the first year alone.
- I initiated a utility assistance program for low-income seniors, the establishment of a youth commission, and a preference for businesses that hire Oxnard residents.
- I helped put an end to no-bid contracts.
- I have supported city wide street repairs, more public participation in city decisions, better use of tax dollars and fought against sprawl.
- I am the leader working for full restoration of Ormond Beach wetlands and pushing for action on the cleanup of the HALACO toxic dump.
- I led the effort to ban a fourth power plant on our coast.
- I voted to stand up for Oxnard and not settle the lawsuit with the former City Manager.
I pledge to continue these and other efforts – to enhance police and fire services for safer neighborhoods, expand city services such as parks, sports facilities, tourism and the arts, and to create more and better jobs for our residents.
Please stand with me once again.
Carmen works for the people of Oxnard.
Carmen has a new vision for Oxnard.
Carmen’s experience will help keep Oxnard moving in the right direction.
- Restore and maintain public trust in city government
- Accountability and transparency
- Invest in local jobs and businesses
- Support small businesses and responsible entrepreneurs
- Revitalize and beautify all of Oxnard’s neighborhoods
- Improve opportunities for Oxnard’s youth
- Preserve and protect Oxnard’s natural resources
- Support a safer and healthier Oxnard
- Best use of your tax dollars
- Prepare for Oxnard’s future challenges